Friday, October 16, 2009

Complete This Sentence

If I could be any fictional character, I would be...
Nancy Botwin. 
Seriously, not a single character in fiction has appealed to me this much since Scarlett O'Hara who, I don't believe, had as much fun in bed as Nancy.
They both have the same resilience, cunning and beauty and they are both wonderfully imagined characters written by women with, at least on paper, my secret agenda.
Edgy, risky, flawed. I know Glenn Close and Holly Hunter have some good roles, and The Mirren was another all-time favorite with at least occasional satisfaction, but their characters live real lives and so must suffer alarming consequences.
Nancy, like Scarlett, will always come out okay. And so will her kids.
Misspent my morning watching the middle shows to Season 4. Oh, that Estefan! Whew!


For those of you who haven't heard me say this, for a taste of what else Mary Louise Parker can do with a great role, rent Angels In America, the best American film ever.
In both cases, nothing without the writing.
Happy Friviality Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment