Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Action Alert, FISA Again and The Stork*

I Am Always the Last to Know
Except for you, of course, which is the whole premise of this blog. I read it so you don't have to, right? Cuz you don't have time. And if it's cool, I pass it along. I try to keep it short and linky, the sort of thing you can check daily or weekly or monthly and not feel as if you've missed much, because when it's not politics, it's timeless.
So far, I've mostly done politics, but Congress is in "controlled recess," my term meaning Nancy and Harry are sort of keeping it open to prevent Shrubya from pulling a fast one and becoming the first president since 1948 to call Congress back into session for an emergency, their thinking being that he sees the failure of the telecom immunity he wanted as an emergency.
No, I didn't know they could do that or he could do that either. Civics lesson of the week, I guess.
Anyway, if you want to chip in a few bucks to help the ACLU keep the pressure on when Congress returns, you can do so here.

But I want to sweeten this public service announcement, make the vegetables go down a little easier.
Introducing Nina Paley, the most famous person I never heard of, this week at least.
A few years ago, she got really pissed off about overpopulation and made this really cool animated short.

No comments:

Post a Comment