Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mr. Spicy Mustard


Look, I really, really like Obama. But this is politics, folks, and it's dirtaaay, dirty I say. We all know that even though we like to be fooled into believing we don't have to worry, don't have to be vigilant any longer because the good guys are in charge now.
And much as I hate the major media (Sean Hannity yesterday made fun of Obama for asking for mustard on his burger and that's news today because, basically, there isn't any) even my gods let me down.
Today some NPR reporter was obviously just phoning it in on her report of singe-payer advocates protesting at in-the-pocket-of-insurance-companies Max Baucus' health care hearings.
Similarly, nowhere in Talking Points Memo's brief update that Rove will testify next month does it mention that he's protected to the gills. So don't get too excited as the date draws near because you will hear...crickets.
It was only in the comments section that I learned Rove will be behind closed doors, not under oath and all kinds of other caveats so you know nothing will come of the AG firing scandal. At least not yet. It's not only dirty, it's Kabuki.
In the meantime, another "citizen journalist" tells me more than I wanted to know about South Carolina lion Jim Clyburn's daughter. South Carolina. South Carolina. Chew on it.
I love Clyburn, I really do. I will never forget the TV interview in which he asked a few years back if Obama might be the first black president. "Well, maybe not the first," he joked.
(What was he thinking, Jesse Jackson, Jr.? Nah, he was just fucking with 'em.)
Anyway, the FCC seems to have a deliberately designated spot for adult children of people to whom political debt is owed. Think former chair Michael Powell. Yeah, that Powell.
Anyway, along comes Mignon Clyburn, in all her glory.
This is just a blog, but I will caution you that net neutrality is a very big deal that anyone who uses the intertubes needs to be aware of. I'll leave it to you to Google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment