Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blame Game Dept. : Chapter II

A while back I linked to The Guardian's list of 25 people to blame for the financial meltdown. As I recall, presidents Bush and Clinton weren't on it, but they may have been. Anyway, I'm not going back.
I consider it evidence of the deterioration of American journalism that Time mag, which holds a special place in my heart, decided to do the same list and included this guy:
The programming czar at Scripps Networks, which owns HGTV and other lifestyle channels, helped inflate the real estate bubble by teaching viewers how to extract value from their homes.
I mean, c'mon, some guy with a little cable power over at best a few mil. people, who probably were entertained but otherwise unable to even follow the advice, is one of the top 25. This is pathetic. This is American journalism. Okay, too inside baseball for you. I know, I know. I'm obsessed. But you heard it here first. You are not served well by any of these jokers.
P.S. I did like, however, that the list included some prominent people who are not old white guys. My feminism applauds the fact that stupid women and stupid minority males have almost as good a chance to succeed as the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment