Sunday, May 24, 2009

Warning: Do Not Blog. Ever.

I tell people I'm not a gardener, but really a plant collector. And that's true.
But blogging can be just about anything, including what I do still here, still indoors, still in my pajamas and down to my last cigarette and drinking cold coffee because I don't want to take the time away from the laptop to warm it up.
Addiction, I tells ya!
Anyway, I was going to just mention how I liked the quote that is the basis for the Crooked Timber blog (don't remember how I got there, TPM maybe, a citation to an econ discussion of unemployment that saw me through a couple cigarattes back).
That sequed (sp? no, blogging) into an interesting discussion about Jared Diamond, much discussed author of Guns, Germs and Steel, which I read twice (even the chapter on seeds) and the subject of some jealous criticism among his less entrepreneureal (sp, nbg) peers whose publications are restricted to obscure journals.
Seems Diamond may have made something up or got hoo-haad by the natives in New Guinea.
Aa-a-nyways, what should pop up but StinkyJournalism. Here, it's yours.

UPDATE: But don't go there. I've read a lot of comments about this controversy now and even I'm not going there. Go to Crooked Timber, though. It's good. Oh, and wordy. Commenters seem intelligent and informed, unlike this blogger, who only looks for shiny objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment