Saturday, June 20, 2009

Whoa, Nellie!

Couldn't believe my eyes. The donut hole is one of my biggest nightmares.
Drug manufacturers have agreed to offer up to $80 billion in prescription drug discounts to government programs like Medicare, the Washington Post reported on Saturday, citing an unidentified source close to the talks.
I just finished writing to Obama today again about health care, and this little tidbit emerges. There is a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on, folks. Kabuki, I tells ya.

And then we have Bob Reich over at TPM urging Obama to turn himself into LBJ. Frankly, I don't see that happening. It's going to happen like the above, quietly, behind the curtain, then emerge as a paragraph in the great big bill nobody but wonks will read. Oh hell, what do I know?

Here's another petition. Thanks, EE.

No comments:

Post a Comment