Sunday, November 22, 2009

As Long As I Was There, Another Fun Headline

from the Scientific American.

Secrets of the Phallus: Why Is the Penis Shaped Like That (because it can is not an answer)




Tidbit (bwahahaha):
Having spent the first five years of my academic life studying great ape social cognition, I’ve seen more simian penises than I care to mention. I once spent a summer with a 450-pound silverback gorilla that was hung like a wasp (great guy, though) and baby-sat a lascivious young orangutan that liked to insert his penis in just about anything with a hole, which unfortunately one day included my ear.

The excellently amusing and informative writer, Jesse Bering, may be friended on Facebook (of course!) so you'll never miss another of his enlightening explorations of evolutionary biology research. Sadly, not always, or even usually, about penises.
One question: Does he tweet?

SPOILER ALERT
Down at the end he explains how it is theoretically possible for a woman to become pregnant by a man she has not had sex with. And may not even know. I think I smell a Law & Order episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment