Friday, December 18, 2009

Congress Is Like The Office Christmas Party

I pretty much love commenter Lars Thorwald, who was always good for some sanity over at Glenn Greenwald's blog, when I read Glenn Greenwald's blog.
His name is probably not Lars Thorwald and I know his picture is not really him, but that's the 'sphere for ya. He wrote a diary somewhere once that said it was okay because it did not violate the ethics he must abide by as a DOJ employee, so maybe his name really is Lars Thorwald.
Sometimes he weighs in on Kos, like today, and I am miraculously restored.
Come to find out he's a litigator, which explains everything. I have this thing for lawyers.
Snippet:
And let's face it, with this Congress...well, this Congress is like those clown that say, "Oh, yeah, I'm on board with helping to contribute to the office holiday party!  What do I need to bring?"  And you tell them, "Well, you can contribute $15, that would help us buy booze and food for everyone," and they allllll say, "Yeah, okay, sure!"  So then you announce it to the whole office with a set date, and you promise top shelf booze and great food.  And then two days later, a guy from accounting comes in and says, "Oh, hey, I can't make it, so I won't be contributing," and then that stuffy woman from down the hall comes in and says, "You know, I'm not going to eat a whole lot, so I'm just going to give you $5," even though you know damned well she will be at the party practically vacuuming up all the Captain Morgan and eating every chip she can get her grabby little meat paws on, and then the next guy comes in and makes some excuse why he shouldn't have to contribute, and the next thing you know your office party is a case of Schlitz and a tray of Oreos, and everyone looks at you and bitches that the party sucks.  That's our Democratic Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment