Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Know Knot-Ing

Today I open up Google as usual and what to my wondering eyes should appear but instructions for a Sheepshank Knot. It looks really useful.
I don't know from knots. I didn't learn to tie my shoes properly until my frustrated husband taught me early in our marriage. And I distinctly remember faking it on the way home from kindergarten, stopping in the middle of the road and pretending to tie my shoes because I knew a girl walking behind me, who I didn't like, hadn't yet learned. And neither had I.
All of which brings us to the Tankerman's Tangle Knot, which I'm going to teach you right here, right now. I've been using it my whole life, but I didn't know until recently what it was called. Or that it was called anything.
Ready?
Okay, the Tankerman's Tangle Knot:If you can't tie it right, tie it a lot.
There.

No comments:

Post a Comment