Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Looks Like A Brit

I remember showing a picture of the Frenchman my daughter married to an acquaintance and he said, "He looks French." Sure enough, he did, although I can't say specifically what facial characteristics mean one looks French, and there are plenty of French people who do not look French.
So, too, when I opened up TPM this morning and saw the CEO of BP. Tony Hayward looks like a Brit. He just does. Just like Harry Potter looks like a Brit. I would never mistake him for an American, even if he turned out to be an American. There's a look.
Some commenters say it's the hair, but it's more than that. It's bone structure, it's eyes, it's peaches-and-cream complexion. Or something. Guess I'm a racist in these matters. Nationist?
Oh, and the pinstriped suit. Americans try, but they don't really wear that suit.
See for yourself.
Oh, and it wasn't their fault. Righto, Tone. May you sleep with the sea birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment