Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's Slacker Week

at Contrarienne's, not that I've been slacking, but I did blow off two regular and sometimes major activities just so I could, uh, slack off from being in constant mental and physical motion.
And as the enclosed analysis of a new entertainment trend toward young female losers indicates, Virginia Woolf says it's okay.
 "It is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top."
So put down that pen, that frying pan, that basket of laundry, that phone, that book. Hide your car keys.
Let your mind wander.
Turn off the internet. Well, on second thought, leave the internet on. It's life itself.
If I start making a movie about a 68-year-old retired woman who spends her days online and at the beck and call of three slacker dogs,  could I sell it to HBO?
 Uh, no.
Well, never mind, dear. Is there any more ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment