Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Not a Primary Post

Sigh, it's going to go on awhile I guess.
In the meantime, the ACLU wants us all to call our representatives about the FISA bill and here's a link to their site where you just plug in your zip code and they give you the name and phone number.
The current thinking is that the House is splitting the Senate bill, separating out the telecom immunity portion so that those who are against it can be on the record opposing it when they vote.
But there are enough Blue Dog Dems willing to add their votes to the R's that it will pass anyway.
I suppose they could actually do it today with the Bush/McCain lovefest the big news to give cover, but I also read that it can't happen that soon because the rules committee has to weigh in first, arcane procedural stuff.
I'm tired of it, I need a mini piggy to cuddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment