Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hillmentum

First, McAuliffe put it out there. Then Rendell. Both campaign insiders.
Exit polling shows about 60 percent of Dems want Hillary for V.P.
(Exit polls suck, btw. They also show a disturbing number of Dems of both sides refusing to vote for the other if s/he wins the nomination.) NPR's promoting a story on it today.
So, here's M.J. Rosenberg's take on it, in short.
My only concern is that Obama win. If it takes Hillary to do it, that is what I'm for. I'm a liberal, obviously, and prefer a more progressive type.
But if Obama has to go the center right Evan Bayh route, I'd prefer a Hillary because she will energize women voters, and plenty of others who just like her. My real choice would be one of the 22 senators who voted "no" on the war. For me, the war vote was the #1 test of leadership and character.
I admit I'm torn. Will all those women really rally only if it's Hillary? I must run with the wrong crowd.
Plus, how betrayed will blacks and Obamaniacs feel if the woman they've begun to hate gets a prize for her misbehavior?
I won't like it one bit, but it won't keep me from voting. Can't say for the others.
Oh, and then there's the Bill factor, and the Clinton regime thing overshadowing the new president. And the R base that might actually vote to defeat a Clinton. I dunno. I don't like even more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment