Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's The Words, Stupid

I like to read comments on my favored blogs. They're usually written by people much better informed and more intelligent than I am, often people with real jobs in important occupations. TPM has a phalanx of lawyers and congressional aides, for instance, who crowd-read the Friday afternoon document dumps that were a regular part of the 2007 Justice Department stories.
Anyway, they always teach me something I didn't know before, open new doors, shine a light.
This one is a favorite today. Remember Newt? I remember watching him on the Charlie Rose show during the build-up to war and seeing his eyes shift up close and listening to how he never seemed to actually answer any question. Saw Kissinger do the same thing.
So, here's Newt's 1996 memo. See if you notice anything familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment