Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Name Is Julimac And I'm A Political Junkie

I can hardly wait to see how things settle out this week in both the Senate and the House over the public option, the opt-out and the various triggers.
And this weekend, everyone in the progressive blogosphere is pissed at Obama for his reported "cool" reception to Harry Reid's Hail Mary conversion to the PO/opt-out, which he reportedly believes could have 60 votes in the Senate to prevent a filibuster.
I've previously referred you to a few Kos diaries explaining all this and today I would like to quote one of my favorite TPMers, The Commenter Formerly Known As NCSteve:
The important thing in understanding news on a fast-moving story is to get your little heads past the notion that what's reported is reality and what's leaked is absolute truth. It's not. What's reported is a funhouse mirror version of the reality and the leakers aren't people whose main interest is the public's holy right to know. Instead, they're people trying to shape public opinion in a way that serves their own ends and they'll tell however much or however little of the truth as they know it as they think necessary to accomplish that end. And they're ends can be anything from making themselves feel important to advancing their bosses' goals.
I love politics, I really do. I dance with the Devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment