Thursday, December 10, 2009

The List

I tried to remember the movies I liked best during the last decade, sort of in keeping with the season. I couldn't remember much, so I used Wikipedia to help jog my memory.
All good. Certain stars seem to make the cut, Clooney and Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Chris Cooper and Viggo. Hmm, okay, Meryl, Emma, The Mirren, Laura Linney, Joan Allen.
Not much changing the way I think, about movies or much else, except Being John Malkovich and American Beauty, both 1999.
(Slate says Malkovich was 2000.)

Julimac's Oughties

Adaptation
The Contender
The Savages
Once
Away From Her
The Aristocrats
Syriana
Michael Clayton
Bourne series
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Capote
Chicago
City of Men
Crash
Magnolia
Dirty Pretty Things
Eastern Promises
The Good Shepherd
Gosford Park
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Hellboy
A History of Violence
Juno
Towelhead
In Bruges
Mad Hot Ballroom (!!!)
Topsy Turvy (probably 90s) (!!!)
Million Dollar Baby
Gangs of New York
No Country For Old Men (!)
Reversal of Fortune
Superbad
Traffic
Breach
Rachel Getting Married
Best In Show

No comments:

Post a Comment