Monday, January 25, 2010

Cheer Up

As long as I was at The Guardian, I decided to sniff around. It was fun. Newspapers should be fun.

Can things get any worse? The answer, thankfully, is no. This is rock bottom. From here on in things can only get better.
After reading their list, I made my own. It was helpful.

Julimac's Top Ten Reasons To Be Cheerful

1. January is almost over
2. People who go to Mexico in January spend a lot of time more time than I do worrying about being kidnapped by drug gangs
3. I now know there is a band called Vampire Weekend and that its album is more popular than Susan Boyle's
4. Shorty doesn't chew destroy shoes as frequently as before
5. The days ARE getting longer
6. At least in Britain they hold their leaders accountable for the Iraq War
7. iPhone has a fertility app and it works
8. Rich brown gravy with dinner
9. The Onion
10. Nurse Jackie is on tonight

Add yours in comments below. But you won't, I know you won't.

2 comments:

  1. More reasons to be happy:
    Old friends get in touch after years.
    Forgiveness is possible.
    Books!
    Employment and bennies.
    George Clooney
    Vampire Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't understand, PJ. Nobody ever comments. Some rule out there, I suppose. Well, Pam and Mardie and my ex once in a while.

    ReplyDelete