Sunday, January 10, 2010

Don't Be Evil

Is this good for you or is the Internet changing the way we think and making us stupid? You know the answer, you old test-taker you. I don't even have to give you a selection of answers. All of the above, right?
Anyhoo, The Edge has a bunch of distinguished folks responding to this question, and if you want a flavor of it, Newsweek offers a remarkably uninteresting discussion. But short.
I know the Net (in Germany, they call it the Network although I can't remember if they capitalize it. I have taken to capitalizing Internet like I capitalize God.) has excited me ever since we got instant desktop access at work and didn't have to go into the special room with the special computer after having convinced the gatekeeper our research was worth those old by-the-minute AOL charges. Boy, those were the days, huh? No, I was not around for hot type, though.
There are a whole bunch of essays and I won't get around to them, but be my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment