Saturday, April 19, 2008

Democratic Debate In One Minute

I'm sorry, these folks are into the eyeballs and the advertising (who can blame them) so there's no embed for this. You'll have to follow the link, but it's worth it.

Erm, so I got to wondering because that's what you DON'T PAY me to do, and I decided to click on 23/6's About Us because although I saw it on Huffpo all the time, I've never really explored it.

ABOUT US

236.com is a co-production between the gigantic, vaguely Death Star-like IAC, and The Huffington Post, a progressive news hub where outraged people go in order to get more outraged before going to have dinner at Nobu.

Corporate Overlords
Publisher: Arianna Huffington
President: Sarah Bernard
IAC Head of Interactive Programming: Michael Jackson

Creative Types/Narcissists/Enablers
Editor: Jason Reich
Executive Consultant: Roy Sekoff

etc.
Apparently it's another Arianna baby, and all satire all the time. (What's the IAC again?) I probably wouldn't have been curious at all except NPR did an interview about their McCain Girls viral video today. Never once was the Huffington name mentioned.
Okay, got to add this to my RSS feed. In the early days of my RSS feed, I thought it was so cool I was gonna write about it and recommend it. But frankly, it's just another internet time waster that I only use about once a week and every time I do, I'm sorry.

Anyway, the Daily Show, Colbert and 23/6.
Can satire save democracy?
I can do Carrie Bradshaw when I have to, but it wouldn't be a pretty picture. Too inside baseball? Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment