Friday, June 20, 2008

FISA: Last Chance

So, too many Democratic cowards in the House, after raising our hopes by rejecting the Senate bill with telecom immunity, voted this morning in favor of the so-called "compromise" bill cooked up behind closed doors and only made available to members yesterday.
In my state of Washington, my Congressman Norm (Norm!) Dicks, who will never have serious opposition and is not considered a Blue Dog, voted for it.
Rick Larsen, Jay Inslee and Jim McDermott voted against it.
NOW WHAT?
It goes to the Senate next week. Is it worth a filibuster? If I were a vote counting Senator, I would save my energy for something more likely to succeed and issue a sternly worded statement of condemnation.
So, I'm not urging anybody to contact Patty and Maria to urge them to filibuster. They're solid votes against a winning bill.
However, if you want to chime in anyway, here's the info.
Murray
Ph-202-224-2621
F 202-224=0238

Cantwell
Ph-202-224-3441
F-202-228-0514

Free FAX

No comments:

Post a Comment