Friday, August 8, 2008

Chick Flicks

A couple over at Huffpo have picked the top 10 "relationship movies" but we know what they mean. They mean the kind your male companion will watch with you out of indulgence when he'd rather be seeing Hellboy II. (By the way, I just watched Hellboy so I'd be prepared for Hellboy II. It was pretty good, but no Moonstruck.)

In no particular order, here are the movies I've seen in the last year or so that I really, really liked. If you don't, that's fair.
No Country for Old Men (best, actually, and by the way, I hated, hated, hated There Will Be Blood), Away From Her, Michael Clayton (second best), The Savages, Wal-E, I Am Legend and that movie about the Irish busker and the Eastern European girl the name of which I can't remember.

Oh, here's the first half of the list. They publish the last half Aug. 15.
1. Moonstruck

2. The Holiday

3. The January Man

4. Truly, Madly, Deeply

5. Monsoon Wedding


No comments:

Post a Comment