Friday, October 24, 2008

The BIG Lie

A friend of mine at my old newspaper  sent me an email with the following "news";
in two years, we  have to entirely support our news, ad, IT and online staff with online revenue.

I used to think this kind of gigantic deceit was unique to the business I was in, because for 20 years I observed a continual repetition of setting wildly unrealistic goals, failure of those goals, ignoring the failures, setting of new wildly unrealistic goals, etc. Now, having spent more than 18 months deeply enmeshed in the political world, and to some extent, the economic world, of this country, I'm beginning to believe that our entire country is now built upon fantasy, lies and absurdity.
It's almost as if we live in a parallel universe now, with the rest of the world watching us as if there's a TV program called "American Survivor."

No comments:

Post a Comment