Sunday, January 11, 2009

Obama On Prosecuting

the Bushies.
From TPM, this key quote from a talking head show today:
"We're still evaluating how we're going to approach the whole issue of interrogations, detentions, and so forth. And obviously we're going to be looking at past practices and I don't believe that anybody is above the law. On the other hand I also have a belief that we need to look forward as opposed to looking backwards. And part of my job is to make sure that for example at the CIA, you've got extraordinarily talented people who are working very hard to keep Americans safe. I don't want them to suddenly feel like they've got to spend all their time looking over their shoulders and lawyering up."
Linkins probably has a different, more amusing take, but I slept in (new puppy mom) this morning and am still, still on my first cuppa.

Commenters don't all see it as a gotcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment