Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quote O' Teh Day

Dauvidian at Taplin's piece featuring the Beatles at Shea Stadium.
 We didn’t know what the Kennedy’s were involved with in the ’60’s. That why it was so painful in that it was so unreal. Not until later did it all come out with Bobby’s problems, Joe’s racketeering, the Chicago mob promises , and j edgar the bitch. But yeah, the shots just didn’t stop coming thru the ’60’s, here and overseas…..terrible times.
April 4th, 1968, I was scheduled to see the Buffalo Springfield but the show was cancelled and the National Guard brought out because of MLK…..more tragedy.





I was not conscious of the significance of all this. I saw it all through a different lens. Well, I didn't see it, is what. As a friend of mine says about Seacucus Seven, "I didn't know any people like that." Actually, now that I think it over, he meant The Big Chill.

Here we are, sitting out history. Watching it. Suspended animation. WTF?




'

No comments:

Post a Comment