Friday, February 13, 2009

President Obama

Today a man with impeccable credentials as a giving, caring person visited my exercise class and said he felt compelled to remove an allusion to Obama on the white board notice that we will not have class on Monday. Then he tried to tell me why any mention of "that guy" drove him crazy. I told him I didn't want to talk about it, it was bad for my blood pressure.
He, oddly, said he didn't want to talk about it either and some guy on the other side said "talk about what."
I've been pondering ever since.
NPR talking heads has been on all day and suddenly, at this late hour, I realize what drives him crazy.
Every so many minutes, it is again President Obama this, President Obama that.
When it was Bush, it drove me crazy, too.
There are people who not only hate Obama, but hate all he stands for, whatever they think that is. They are threatened. They feel doomed. They blame him. They blame it. I know how they feel. I used to feel that way, too. Now, not so much.

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know why - every time I think of live babies dying in hospital closets and a man who could support that murder - I feel like throwing up.... I think of my country in the hands of this man of no morality and no decency ---- did you read his book? do you know that in the Illinois senate he supported letting children born alive in abortion attempts letting them die in closets? Do some research on your own and see what kind of person he is.... not the person you wish he was or that you think he is but the person he actually is and you will understand why people cant even talk about it.... it is sooo upsetting.... (ps I'm not against abortion but letting live babies die in closets is more than I can stomach) .... that's only one thing... but the rest is just as bad.... I'm so afraid of this man (and not because he's black - guess what I'm black!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, my first troll post.
    I feel so honored that I am not going to delete it but let it stand forever on the intertubes so historians of the future can record the non sense of the 21st Century.

    ReplyDelete