Saturday, February 14, 2009

Why I Get So Angry

It surprised a friend of mine last week, who knows me well enough to have heard my passion on certain topics before. Nevertheless, I think she expected me to have mellowed.
I've never linked to Bob Somerby before, because his blog of media criticism is pretty inside baseball even for junkies like me.
But I'm still up waiting to take some medicine so I wandered over the Daily Howler just to see what he is on about these days.
What do I find? Gold, pure gold.
So far, Hardball has featured 46 guests in discussions of the stimulus package. Only one of the 46 guests was an economist, this new study says.
But wait, it gets better. The one economist was Dick Armey. Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you know? With examples like Dick Arney and Phil Gramm (both hold PhD's in economics) one should be a little skeptical that the economists have the correct stimulus program all figured out. How many of us have endured mis-diagonosed illnesses? That's why we always ask for second opinions before surgery.

    ReplyDelete