Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quote O' Teh Day

"It's good to be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out." 
Richard Sloan, professor of Behavioral Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center.
NPR has run a fascinating series on the science of spirituality this week, and Sloan was reacting to the the theory that so-called quantum entanglement can mean that people who are relationally close may be entangled physically even when separated. Aha, I thought, that explains it. But Sloan shot it down.
Anyway, it's been a fascinating series. Tomorrow' s conclusion, the soul.
Me, I intend to begin worshipping serotonin.

I guess I shouldn't be so flip. I intend to re-read this series, listen to it more carefully and explore all the threads. It couldn't have come at a better time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment