Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Still Raining, So Time To Reflect

And I'm out of comedy videos. Aren't 50 enough?
Meanwhile, Robert Samuelson has decided to get worried about the deficit. And he should, we all should. But he seems to have neglected whatever the Obama administration has said about it. As I recall, and I admit I haven't paid all that much attention, all this stimulus and stuff is supposed to fuel new growth in the economy in time to pay back some of that debt. That's the theory anyway. And it's a gamble, they've certainly said that a number of times. But Samuelson as a columnist is not required to balance his opinion.
"Some" commenters over there claim he wasn't right about anything before, why pay attention now?
Others still caught in the talking points game.
Oh, here's the thought(s) for the day:
I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it. — John Stuart Mill
“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” –John Kenneth Galbraith

No comments:

Post a Comment