Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Conservative Gay Catholic Reconsiders Late-Term Abortion

Andrew Sullivan considers himself a true conservative, and dismisses the so-called Christianists. But despite his church's position on gays, Sullivan, who is gay and married to another man, remained steadfast on abortion.
Until now, until Tiller's assassination. Tiller performed late-term abortions, and Andrew was death on late terms. But his readers have been educating him.
He replies:
I have to say I am beginning to believe that these abortions, given their excruciating moral and personal choices, may be the most defensible in context of all abortions. And yet they seem to be taking life in a more viscerally distressing way. I need time to think and rethink these things. I would not have without reading these extraordinary accounts.
BTW, I don't think the Catholic Church forbids termination of an ectopic pregnancy.

1 comment: