Saturday, September 12, 2009

Best Blogs

Andrew Sullivan linked to Norman Geras this morning, and I loved the post, about how you cannot possibly read enough books no matter how long you live. Made me feel better about not actually having read any books in months, although there are four new ones I picked up at the library this week.
Anyhoo, Geras had this link from the Times of London and I was happy to see two at the top of the list that I already check out now and then. Well, Sullivan daily, Clemons now and then. So I don't feel so out of it after all.
And I loved this quote:
This, combined with the relief involved in getting something instantly off my chest, is what keeps me blogging. I want to quit, I really do. I dream of going cold turkey, I even once posted my resignation. But someone somewhere always says something stupid or funny, Lord Jeff emits another post or I am stunned by some unexpected fragment of beauty and truth — and, once more, I am lost in the limitless land of fancy now known, to me, anyway, as the blogscape.
bryanappleyard.com
I suspect the Brits have this blogging thing down better than we do. I have skipped blogging on occasion, but can't conceive of going cold turkey, although I'm definitely dropping my obsession with Word Challenge on Facebook, which is not blogging but more like dry drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment