Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Trigger With A Twist

That's what I'm betting we're going to get in the health care reform package. A public option that is activated at a certain point if premium prices and what all don't come down. I'm guessing they're going to make that trigger look "tough" by dictating just how much costs must come down, how quickly, etc., so it will be a "compromise" on the trigger that those favoring a trigger like Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Olympia Snowe of Maine (and her cohort Susan Collins) can't wiggle out of support for it.
But what do I know?
And they'll relook at it very soon, like as soon as this thing passes the Senate.
But what do I know?

UPDATE: What did I tell ya? First Nelson, now four House progressives. Trigger with a twist. Yep.
"It depends on how strong that trigger is," Farr added. "The only way I could see it getting progressive votes is by making sure the public option is strong and goes into operation."

No comments:

Post a Comment