Sunday, March 14, 2010

What Have I Learned Today?

The universe may not be infinite after all, nor time or whatever. This is a fact of physics that I somehow missed while concentrating on irrelevant things like the state Growth Management Act and my bank balance. It's downright embarrassing, really.
Consider also:
And then there is the fact that some infinities are larger than others, as Cantor proved mathematically.
For instance the infinite number of whole numbers has to be smaller than the infinite number of fractions. Suppose the infinity of time is smaller than the infinity of space and matter. It would never repeat.
It had to come back to fucking mathematics, didn't it? This is my destiny. And yours, it seems.
Oh, there's no free will, either. I love Andrew Sullivan on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment