Friday, March 19, 2010

Where Were You 7 Years Ago Today?

I was frothing at the mouth, loading up on Charlie Rose and Al Franken's televised show from Air America and NPR and PBS. I hadn't been that mad about a world or national event ever in my life. I'm still mad. And in my small way, getting even.
The AP marks it:
According to figures compiled by Iraq's Human Rights Ministry and released last fall, 85,694 people were killed from the beginning of 2004 to Oct. 31, 2008 and 147,195 were wounded. The figures include Iraqi civilians, military and police but do not cover U.S. military deaths, insurgents, or foreigners, including contractors. And it did not include the first months of the war after the 2003 U.S.-led invasion.
However, those figure are widely considered a minimum because many so many deaths went unreported.
The war in Iraq has cost more than $712 billion, according to the National Priorities Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment