Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New/Old Agnostics: Back To Square One

Remember yesterday when I converted wholeheartedly to agnosticism?
Wait, you don't even remember what you had for lunch yesterday?
Well, anyways, I did, seduced as always by the highly persuasive Ron Rosenbaum despite my disappointment in his reaction to 9/11 (kill all the bastards now!).
I admitted that I knew nothing of physics, but I was willing to take his word for it that it doesn't help answer the question.
Except, apparently, it does.
As Nobel Laureate physicist Frank Wilczek has put it, "The answer to the ancient question 'Why is there something rather than nothing?' would then be that 'nothing' is unstable."
PZ Myers over at ScienceBlogs blasts Rosenbaum for being a lazy thinker and essayist and I also find him persuasive, although pretty hyperbolic. But it's easy to forgive since Rosenbaum probably is. Lazy, I mean.
So, sigh, back to the quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment