Monday, February 25, 2008

Action Alert: McCain Financing

Howard Dean, head of the Democratic National Committee, has a petition up that you can use to add your signature to the Federal Elections Commission complaint to force the FEC to make McCain stick to his public financing pledge.
I'm not going to go into all the detail, I'm not sure I can. But basically right after McCain came out and tried to inaccurately allege that Obama had pledged to take public financing in the general (he didn't, he said he'd negotiate terms with the Republican nominee, and said it in writing, it was discovered that McCain had sort of shot himself in the foot with a campaign loan predicated on later federal funding and something to do with the Ohio candidate process that is so arcane I almost ground my teeth to stumps not reading about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment