Saturday, March 1, 2008

Open Secret

I leaned to John Edwards and am totally willing to vote for Hillary in the general if she gets the nomination.
But I've been a solid Obama supporter since the New Hampshire primary. I'm sick of the Clintons for all the dirty campaign tactics, but I believe she can beat McCain.
I think Obama can do even better and those of you who know me know I am not the cult type.
His opposition to the war, of course, is the main reason. I don't like Hillary's support for that vote, as well as her yes vote on the Kyl-Lieberman amendment that could be seen as a first step towards authorizing an attack on Iran could be nearly as bad.
It's clear Obama is pulling in independents, even some Republicans and his campaign's ground game is impressive.
I plan to be part of it tomorrow by making some calls to one of the four states holding primaries (in Texas it's the weird primacaucus) on Tuesday.
You call on your own nickel, so I don't know how that might affect you folks. You can get a phone card and it's pretty cheap. Don't know how the cell minutes work, since I live in a black hole.
Anyway, if you want, here's the place to go to sign up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment