Friday, July 11, 2008

Demo Derby Diva

Contrarienne O' Teh Year
From the Kitsap Sun:
Suesan Heroux, 63, of Port Townsend, (WA) begged her son to outfit a car for her so she could participate in destruction derbies. "It makes me feel very alive," she said...

..."When I'm waiting out there for them to give me the flag, my whole focus is on the ramp," Heroux said. "I don't want to miss the ramp."
She's never missed it. Known as "Grandma Hook," Heroux showed a knack for "rolling" from the beginning. On her first try, she turned her car all the way around and finished right side up, garnering five points.
She also broke the skin on both of her knuckles...

...
But before she could roll, Susan Heroux faced another challenge — she needed to lose about 100 pounds. Because the doors are welded shut, the windows are the only way to enter the car.
"I really had to prove how serious I was, and I was very, very serious," Heroux said. "I needed to get small enough to crawl out of a car window."

No comments:

Post a Comment