Tuesday, September 23, 2008

If You Read Nothing Else

read this guy. Why the hell he's on Romenesko I don't know, since he obviously as a former NYT Pulitzer winning tax reporter could get space on any page he chooses. But anyway, I read it so you don't have to.
Basically, he's telling us (reporters, actually, our surrogates) to not trust the bastards. Any of them. And I don't. Not even Chris Dodd.
but it has not laid out a coherent, specific and compelling need for this enormous proposal, which is the equivalent of a one-time 55 percent income tax surcharge. (Instead the money will be borrowed, so ask from whom and how this much can be raised so quickly if the credit markets are nearly seized up with fear.)
Okay, back to Wonkette now.

P.S. No, wait. I'm FAXing this to my senators and congresscritter. Jeebus!

No comments:

Post a Comment