Sunday, September 21, 2008

Perfume: How Much Do You Know?


...loud perfumes are disgusting, yet they are fashionable in America because we like to flaunt the brands we wear. Christopher explains that major cosmetic companies are aware of this, and it has long been standard practice to vary a perfume's formula to appeal to taste in the markets it's destined for: the American version will be quite bold, but the Japanese version may be even softer than the French one. "Nobody will confirm that for you," Christopher says, "but it's true".

I know nothing, but I know what I like. And I've never been able to find anything like the dacquiri scent I used to buy for my husband in the 60s. Just the memory makes my mouth water. They don't make it any more. Maybe I should talk to this guy.
Christopher describes the fragrance as "Coppertone 1967 blended with a new accord I created especially for this perfume--North Atlantic. The base of the scent contains a bit of Wet Sand, Seashell, Driftwood and just a hint of Boardwalk." If that sounds too fanciful to be true, you should smell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment