Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wow

re: why McCain chose Palin
Gem quote:
"I don't care if you know a thing about foreign policy. I don't care if you know a damn thing about the economy. Here is what you are to me--breasts, hair and a lovely smile."

His name is Ta-Nehisi Coates and I know nothing about him except what he reveals in this compelling piece for Salon  The Atlantic, where he is a new blogger.

I look at Palin differently now. She may not be the best person in the world, but what did she do to deserve this? Oh, wait, "breasts, hair and a lovely smile. '

UPDATE: Who is this guy?




2 comments:

  1. Your link is to the Atlantic where he is a blogger. You come up with some good links. I am almost ready to buy a Kindle just to read his book.

    He is very impressive; the kind of person you want to talk to for hours (or listen to).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it so you don't have to. You should buy a Kindle. But once you're hooked on teh intertubes, it's harder to read books.

    ReplyDelete