Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Frost/Nixon

a dissenting view. I was a young adult during this period. I don't remember if I watched the interviews. I'm not even sure I ever paid enough attention (through my full, liberal contempt for the man) to understand it as Elizabeth Drew does.
That's why it's important to know that what's being presented is seen by many experts as an unacceptably distorted version of the truth.
The film's plot is a contrivance; its telling is so riddled with departures from what actually happened as to be fundamentally dishonest; and its climactic moment is purely and simply a lie. Literary license in the name of drama or entertainment is one thing; the issue comes down to what one is taking license with, and the degree of license being taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment