Sunday, December 14, 2008

Who's A Dick?

I knew there was something called Dickipedia, but until a friend of mine today complained about David Gregory having Carly Fiorina on Meet the Press, of which he is the new official host, I hadn't really thought about it.
David Gregory (born August 24, 1970 in Los Angeles, CA) is the moderator of "Meet the Press," NBC News Chief White House Correspondent, and a dick. In Canada and the United Kingdom, his profession would more accurately be called a "news reader," as most of what he does is read copy that is researched and written for him by others. But these other people can be very annoying with their "knowledge of the world" and their "advanced degrees," so it's only fitting that David take the credit. And the money.

He is married to Beth Wilkinson. Though you may not know her, you paid her for years, while she was executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary for Fannie Mae. She held this position until September of 2008, when she resigned after the troubled giant was taken over by the government, giving her more time to spend with her troubled giant at home.



Until this time, I'd thought of David Gregory as that asshole TV reporter who participated in that critically unfunny anti-rapping pseudo rapping spoof with K-K-Karl Rove at the Washington correspondents hoopla a couple years ago (last year? 2006? recent anyway).
I don't watch the Sunday morning talking heads because Jason Linkins does it for me, and I am eternally grateful for that.
I told my friend to quit watching that crap and be very critical of what she reads, too.
But I am going one step further. Alway, always check out Dickipedia.
I don't really like Arianna, find her accent irritating, but she hires good people who hire good people. Check out Dickipedia regularly. Rinse. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment