Sunday, January 18, 2009

Liveblogging IT!

11:41 a.m.
omg there's Bruce out there in front of a horde of red-robed choir members in the icy cold before Lincoln's statue singing Come On Up For the Rising. The choire is also wearing black earmuffs and gloves. I'm still in veritable tears after Denzel, the arrival of the pres and vp elect. the Copeland common man thing, the master sarge singing the anthem. It's more than historic, it's crackling, atmosphere breaking, it's like something in a movie, a  turn, a crack in the string, a break, and here we are.
Laura Linney introduces an FDR inauguration speech (I am reminded, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself...and spiders!)
and now it's JFK (yes, there are top hats in the audience I love top hats) ask not ....etc
what have I ever done "for my country" ? Well, I guess I can say I tried to tell the truth publicly. Does that count?
Sasha is leaning on Michelle.
Blige in sand colored fantastic outfit, I love "Lean On Me," can we lean on him? Will he fall over from the weight? Please remember, it's not about him, it's about us.
"Count on me brother, when you need a hand."
Are those genuine snakeskin boots?  Or faux. Tell me they're faux. I love snakes. They eat slugs.
Jamie Fox and Steve Carrel? Whoa. Carrell  reading Thomas Jefferson. Fox on Thurgood Marshall. big screens across the mall in D.C. so everyone can hear and see it all. I love sitting here in the living room and not needing to be there to BE THERE.
Jf--Chittown stand up. "If there's anyone show still doubts..." he does Obama like only Obama does Obama. Heh.
"It's been a long time comeing."

Okay, jon Bon Jovi and someone called Bettye Lavette (Sam Cook song) It's been a long time coming. Jeebus, they're killing me.
Who planned this? Who's behind this extravaganza?
11:58 a.m.
Get the video. Still singing and a long shot shows a plane descending in the background and you gotta think, the towers, the towers, the pentagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment