Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rick Warren

"History is your story"
what the hell does that mean, slaughter is the story of God?
Guy's gonna go down. I smell it.
Not really a compelling speaker, I wonder how he keeps the congregation together.
Forgive us, for failing to treat everyone with respect. Hmm. Civility in our attitudes, even when we differ.
He's about 75 pound overweight, and has a very small voice.
Kept it clean, kept it bland.
Aretha!!!
Fabulous hat.
So, Stevens administers the oath to Biden.
The John Williams composition, Perleman, yo=yo, etc. No one knows what it will sound like, they tell me.
A Jewish white man, an Asian American, a black American and a white woman. Jeebus.
Echoes of Copeland to my untrained ear.
I snatch a glimpse of the army of photogs in front of the musicians elevated above the Congress. And I wonder idly if Melina Mora, who shot my daughter's wedding and now works at the Washington Post, is there as well. Prolly.
"Preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
"To see his children skip up there with him, that was the highlight of the morning."
OOH, cannons.

No comments:

Post a Comment