Saturday, January 9, 2010

Discouraged? You And 1.7 Million Others

About 1.7 million Americans opted out of the workforce from July through December, representing a 1.1 percent drop that marks the biggest six-month decrease since 1961, the Labor Department report showed.
More cheerful job news here.

So I had to go to Google News to find that. Other top stories:

I know, I know, what you really want to know is what Conan's going to do. Stay tuned. Me, I switched to Letterman and found him remarkably entertaining. Course now I'm going without. Early Lenten ritual.

You will be happy to learn, however, that Obama will not, I repeat, will not, give his State of the Union on Feb. 2, during the season premiere of the last season of Lost. I know I was. Sorry, no likey de linkie today. And all the non-peanuts are gone again. Time for bed. Oh, wait, time to get up, I mean. 6:27 a.m. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment