Friday, January 8, 2010

Dorm Sex

1. Dormitory residents may not have sex in their rooms when the roommate is present.

Wait. Sex with another person? How about sex with yourself. I mean, I'm quiet. I can do it under the covers.
How about vibrators? How about sex with the roommate?

What, you didn't want to go there? Well, I did and it's my blog.

The new stipulation to the campus guest policy not only prohibits sex when a roommate is present, but sex that interferes with the roommate's sleeping, studying, and privacy -- an addition that, presumably, is intended to address "sexiling," or compelling someone to leave a shared room.
This story is great on so many levels, makes me yearn for my old job and the wonderful newsroom conversation while reporting and writing it.
Oh, wait. She's a blogger. No, that's right. We never would have written this story.
"I will never forget the look on my roommate's face the next morning," Daley said. "I could see that he felt his privacy had been violated ... He transferred schools after our freshmen year and has spent the rest of his life living in Asia. I am not saying this experience is what caused him to do this. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment