Thursday, January 7, 2010

Science Has Proven A Positive Attitude Doesn't Change Anything

so we might as well man up and admit we're in shit city.
Excerpt:
It's hard for anyone from Texas to find the chutzpah to complain
about California's state politics. For instance, Enron, a Texas company,
basically decapitated California by illegally gaming the natural gas pipelines,
and then getting surprised and hapless Gray Davis run out of office. Ever since
then, they've been stuck with Schwarzenegger, who's a cartoon figure. California's
never done anything half that wicked to Texas.

As soon as I finish this, I'm going to bed because I have picked all the non-peanuts out of the mix and eaten them.
That last sentence sounds like the germ of a new political movement or religion or something.

UPDATE: Oh, in case you're wondering who this guy is, there are lots of comments on MetaFilter to kind of fill you in. I like this one:
Wow, I think he comes off as perfectly cynical and smart. Plus, he invented vat-grown political consultants in Distraction over 10 years ago

I learn a lot on MetaFilter, which is sort of my only goal in life these days. Maybe ever, come to think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment